To facilitate good corporate decision making at Curtin.
To provide excellence in university governance by delivering a secretariat service that is aligned to the University Values and is:
- High Quality
- Consistent; and
The functions of the Secretariat include:
- supporting and enhancing governance and decision-making within the University by:
- providing advice to the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor , Chair, Academic Board, and other senior staff of the University on the corporate governance of the University.
- facilitating the University’s corporate decision-making processes through the provision of a reliable and confidential secretariat service for Council and its committees, Academic Board and its committees, and designated committees of the Vice-Chancellor.
- conducting elections in accordance with sound electoral principles and practice.
- maintaining the internal legislative framework of the University, that is, statutes, rules and by laws.
- supporting compliance processes by:
- ensuring compliance with the Curtin University Act.
- ensuring compliance with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act.
- overseeing the University’s compliance with the Voluntary Code of Best Practice for the Governance of Australian Universities.
- monitoring the University’s interests in controlled and associate entities.
- facilitating and processing nominations for honorary awards.
- co-ordinating production of the University’s Annual Report.