Required application documents
To apply for a course at Curtin University, you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualifications and English proficiency documents. Additional documentation may be required for particular courses or personal circumstances.
When applying to study at Curtin University, you’ll need to provide the following:
Certified copies of all your previous qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
You will need to provide certified copies of your academic:
- IELTS results
- TOEFL results
- or other recognised English test results.
You may be required to provide additional information with your application, depending on which Curtin course you choose.
Changing your name
If you have changed your name, you’ll need to provide evidence of your name change.
Certification of documents
Copies of transcripts and award certificates must be signed, dated and accompanied by an ink imprint stamp or chop from the following accepted authorities:
- an authorised Curtin representative
- a Curtin International staff member
- a person of authority at the issuing institution (for example, the registrar)
- Justice of the Peace
- Commissioner for Oaths/Declarations
- any notary public.
Documents in a language other than English
If your qualification documents are issued in a language other than English, you must also provide a copy that has been translated to English and submitted by one of the following accepted authorities:
- an official and accredited translator
- a person of authority at the issuing institution.
Credit for recognised learning
If you have previously studied your chosen course subject at tertiary level, you may apply to Curtin for credit for recognised learning. This allows you to gain credit for some units and complete your degree in a shorter amount of time.
CRL can be assessed once Curtin receives:
- your application
- certified copies of your academic transcripts or statement of marks
- your award certificates.
See how much credit you can receive