1. What is User Generated Content?
In this document User Generated Content (UGC) means any text, audio, image and/or video submitted by an individual to any Curtin digital platform, sub-domain, website or social media account.
It may include:
- Written testimonials.
- Content uploaded to social media channels and tagged with an official Curtin social media handle, hashtag or geolocation.
- Responses in the comment section of a website or blog (including Google Reviews and news.curtin.edu.au).
- Comments and posts related to Curtin on a Facebook page.
2. Your responsibility when submitting UGC
Curtin does not accept responsibility for UGC on its social media accounts or websites. UGC on Curtin’s social media accounts is not representative of the opinions of Curtin and Curtin does not confirm its accuracy.
You are responsible for your own UGC. By submitting UGC you:
- Warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content, including intellectual property rights, privacy rights and moral rights.
- Agree you will be responsible for all your acts and omissions in submitting UGC.
- Agree to indemnify Curtin from and against all legal liability, actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses which may arise or be made or taken against Curtin in respect of any UGC that you submit.
3. Contravening UGC
You must not submit UGC that Curtin determines, in its absolute discretion, is contravening UGC. Contravening UGC is UGC that Curtin determines is inappropriate, and includes UGC that:
- Breaches Curtin Policy.
- Is unlawful.
- Infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it.
- Infringes the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Is obscene, violent, defamatory, misleading, threatening, harassing, abusive, profane, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity.
- Is sexually-explicit.
- Is inaccurate, false, misleading or deceptive or impersonates another person.
- Is an advertisement or solicitation for business.
- Is a chain letter, spam, or consists of multiple off-topic posts.
Curtin may delete contravening UGC or block users who submit contravening UGC without notice.
4. How Curtin uses UGC
Curtin recognises that its right to use UGC will be limited. Curtin does not claim any ownership rights to UGC.
If Curtin wishes to share, repost, use, publicly display, reproduce, modify and/or translate your UGC, Curtin will contact you to obtain your written permission.
No royalties or other remuneration will be paid or payable to you for your UGC, or for the granting of the rights described above, unless otherwise agreed. You will be credited for your content that Curtin shares on its official social media accounts, unless otherwise specified in an agreement.
You may opt out of any agreement with Curtin about the use of your UGC at any time.