2024 Social Media Competition for New Graduates – Terms and Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions of this competition are governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia. This competition is void where prohibited or restricted by the law.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
2. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for this competition form part of the conditions of entry.
4. Participation in the 2024 Social Media Competition for New Graduates (“the competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. The competition is being organised and run by Curtin University, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845 (“Curtin University”).
6. In the event of war, terrorism, pandemic or epidemic, state of emergency, government restrictions or disaster, Curtin University reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or suspend or modify a prize. Curtin University reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
7. Curtin University accepts no liability for any problems or technical malfunction of computer systems, servers, software, internet service provider or email systems, including failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems, or the failure of a winner to receive a notification due to such technical problems.
8. Curtin University accepts no responsibility and shall not be held legally liable or responsible for any accident, loss, injury or damage to any individual or property whether direct or indirect, whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the competition or the prize, either during or after the competition.
9. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Curtin University (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all claims, liability, loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) suffered or incurred by any person; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion or acceptance of or use of any prize.
1. Entry to the competition is limited to Curtin University alumni who passed their course between the dates 28/07/2023 and 05/01/2024.
2. Staff employed by Curtin University and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
3. By entering the competition the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years.
4. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
5. Curtin University reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and relationship to Curtin University).
6. Curtin University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Curtin University has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. The competition commences at 1pm Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) on 23/01/2024.
8. The closing time for entering the competition is 3pm AWST on 16/02/2024.
9. Entry to the competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
10. Curtin University is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this competition.
11. Where entrance to the competition involves submission of a work, the entrant confirms that their submission does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party or that they have explicit permission to copy, distribute, publish, and communicate any material in a submission that belongs to a third party.
12. All entries become the property of Curtin University.
13. As a condition of entering the competition, each entrant licenses and grants Curtin University, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
14. Personal information provided by an entrant to Curtin University for the purpose of entering the Competition will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with Curtin University’s Privacy Statement. A copy of the privacy statement is available at http://rim.curtin.edu.au/privacy/. Personal information collected will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, loaned or otherwise disclosed to any third party otherwise than in accordance with the privacy statement and these Terms and Conditions.
15. Curtin University reserves the right to refuse any entries which contravene these Terms and Conditions, including any incomplete or indecipherable entries.
16. To enter the competition, the entrant must:
(a) Enter the competition during the promotion period that commences at 1pm AWST on 23/01/2024 and ends at 3pm AWST on 16/02/2024.
(b) To enter individuals must follow the Curtin University Alumni Instagram account (@curtinalumni). They must post a photo celebrating their graduation and tag @curtinalumni in the post. By undertaking this three-step process of entry the entrant has automatically accepted the Terms and Conditions of entry. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or otherwise associated with Instagram.
Selection of winner, notifying the winner, acceptance of the prize, collection of the prize
17. There will be one (1) draw at 1pm AWST on 19/02/2024 at Curtin University. The draw will be at random using the Wheel of Names from all entries received. The first eligible entry drawn is the prize winner.
18. The winner will be notified via Instagram Direct Message on 19/02/2024. The winner must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their prize by sending an email to email@example.com with the details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 23/02/2024.
19. If the prize winner does not respond to claim the prize by 23/02/2024, that prize will be forfeited, and another winner selected at 1pm AWST on 26/02/2024 in the same location, and with the same method.
20. Curtin University will have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
21. The prize will be collected in person by the prize winner. If the prize winner cannot collect the prize in person, they may be sent the prize vouchers. In this case, the prize winner must submit a photo of themselves with the prizes to be published on the Curtin University Alumni website, Curtin University email newsletter and Curtin University Alumni social media.
22. If a winner has physical limitations or requires a carer, Curtin University must be notified, and any carers must accompany the winner to sign any waiver reasonably required by Curtin University.
23. The prize winner’s name will be published on the Curtin University Alumni website, Curtin University email newsletter and Curtin University Alumni social media. By entering the competition, entrants grant Curtin University permission to use their name and degree completed at Curtin on its website for up to six months from the date of the draw.
24. Curtin University’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Without limiting the above, the winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) in connection with the competition and/ or the winning of the Prize (as reasonably requested by Curtin University), free of charge, and agree to sign any additional documents reasonably required by Curtin University to give effect to this condition. Subject to law, the winner must consent to using their names, likeness, images and/or voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion (including any outcome) or undertaking the Prize.
26. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by Curtin University, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
27. There will be one (1) prize. This prize will be a Curtin Alumni Perks Prize Pack which will include two (2) all-access 12-month memberships to Curtin Stadium Gym, six (6) Curtin Exchange vouchers to a total value of $120, and a $500 cash card.
28. Prize Terms and Conditions:
a. All Prize redemptions are also subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the supplier (for example, the accommodation, restaurant, tour operator etc.).
b. Blackout dates may apply to seasonal periods, such as school holidays, public holidays, and any special event periods.
c. Prizes cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can they be sold or otherwise transferred to any person. With the exception of one (1) all-access 12-month memberships to Curtin Stadium Gym, which may be gifted to a friend or family member of the winner.
d. All Dining Credits in the form of vouchers valued at up to $120 AUD are only redeemable at the Exchange precinct participating restaurants located at Curtin University: Hee Sushi, LaVita, Seoul Bros, Banh Mizzle, and Pretzel. To redeem, present voucher at point of sale. Valid for full redemption at a single restaurant only. Partial redemption or use across multiple restaurants is not permitted. Not valid in conjunction with other promotions – i.e. $5 voucher.
e. The two (2) gym memberships must be activated by 18/03/2024. When using the memberships, users must abide by the rules and conditions of entry to Curtin Stadium Gym.
f. The winner is solely responsible for any and all travel expenses.
g. The prize winner will be responsible for all costs, financial or otherwise, associated with collecting and using the prize.
h. All additional meals, beverages, tips or any other extras not stated in the confirmed Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner.
i. All additional meals, beverages, tips, or any other extras not stated in the confirmed Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner.
j. The winner is solely responsible for determining who to share the Prize with.
k. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal-aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-advice/alcohol and at DrinkWise at http://drinkwise.org.au/