Switch Curtin courses
If you feel your current Curtin undergraduate course isn’t for you, you may be able to switch to a different course, provided you meet the criteria.
If you meet the criteria, you can change to a different course by applying internally through the Admissions office. There is a cut-off date each semester for course switching.
Course switching as a pathway
Course switching may help you get into a course with more competitive admission criteria.
For example, you can study the Bachelor of Science (Health Sciences) to help you qualify for admission into a variety of health sciences courses, or you can study Bachelor of Multidisciplinary Science as a pathway for admission into Bachelor of Science majors and STEM courses such as Computing, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Surveying, Medical Radiation Science and other health sciences courses.
You are eligible to switch courses if you are in one of these categories:
- you are a current Curtin student
- you are a past Curtin student who has previously been awarded a grade or has withdrawn after the census date
- you are enrolled in, or have completed, a Stage 2 Diploma at Curtin College
- you have been awarded a grade or withdrawn after the census date from one of Curtin’s enabling programs and want to switch into an undergraduate course
- you are enrolled, or have been enrolled, in Not For Degree Study and want to switch into an undergraduate course
- you have completed studies at a Vocational Training and Employment Centre
- you want to enrol into cross-institutional units
- you are applying for mid-year entry
- you are enrolled, or have been enrolled, in Curtin units through Open Universities Australia and want to switch to an undergraduate course.
You must also ensure that you meet the admission criteria for your new course.
If you would like more information on switching courses, please contact the Admissions Office on 1300 222 888 or email email@example.com.