This double degree enables you to study majors from both Arts and Commerce courses. Combining studies in the arts and business has many benefits – including the ability to think outside the box and apply transferable skills in both creative and commerce careers.
Studies in the arts focuses on creativity, problem solving, communication and practical skills, with students able to utilise Curtin’s leading art, media and performance facilities.
Meanwhile, studies in commerce equip you with the skills and knowledge required to be job-ready in your chosen discipline.
Upon completion, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Commerce, which will provide you with diverse career opportunities in Australia and internationally.
Some combinations of majors in this double degree may be available to be completed fully online.
What jobs can the Arts and Commerce lead to?
The career opportunities for arts and commerce graduates vary greatly depending on the majors completed. See individual majors for their specific career options.
What you'll learn
- apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical situations through research and practical application in the field of humanities and business
- think creatively and critically to generate innovative solutions to complex social, political, artistic, business and commercial problems
- access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from a range of organisational and external sources
- communicate appropriately and effectively in professional and public contexts
- apply technologies appropriately
- demonstrate initiative, responsibility and lifelong learning skills by applying critical reflection and being proactive
- describe global and cultural issues as related to the humanities and business areas and their impact on local and international communities
- demonstrate respect for human rights, cultural diversity and the particular rights of Indigenous Australians
- show leadership and employ ethical practice and professional integrity, both within a team and independently