Skilled property professionals are involved in property development, valuation, investment, analysis, and residential and commercial real estate sales.
Our Property Investment and Development major will develop your skills in economics, law, construction and finance to deliver the knowledge required for a career in property.
You'll learn to analyse property investments and developments, gain insight into the structure and operations of the real estate industry and develop the essential legal, analytical and economic skills required to begin a career in property.
This major sits within the Bachelor of Commerce degree. To apply for this major, you will apply for the Bachelor of Commerce.
Recommended double majors:
- Commercial sales agent
- Investment analyst
- Property developer
- Property finance professional
- Property manager
- Asset management
- Banking and investment
- International property
- Property development
- State and local government
What you'll learn
- identify, understand, apply and analyse property related issues and their impacts on national and international markets
- communicate property analysis professionally and in ways that are responsible and appropriate for local, national and international business contexts
- distinguish, identify and apply available technologies and methodologies to investigate property related issues in ways that demonstrate critical thinking and responsible judgement
- apply acquired skills individually and in a group to facilitate the understanding and solution of property-related issues in a professional and ethical manner while appreciating the importance and impact of cultural diversity on making decisions.
- understand the implications and potential impacts of current developments, as well as identify new developments, in the field of property and integrate available strategies into the existing body of knowledge