Information for students
During the COVID-19 pandemic, any essential information for students will be provided on this site and communicated in our regular channels including email and Student Oasis. For all general or study enquiries please contact Curtin Connect.
Login to Student Oasis
Contact Curtin Connect
With so many of your day-to-day activities now unavailable to you, it’s a good time to be studying. Curtin has moved its teaching operations online so that you can safely continue with your studies. We’re also offering a range of practical and financial support to help you stay on track with your study goals.
Our friendly staff at Curtin Connect are available to help you with your questions and are easily contactable by phone or online.
Financial support for students
We remind all students who are experiencing financial hardship that you may apply for financial support. Applications for the Financial Support Bursary and the Housing Support Bursary can be made here.
Studying exclusively at home will be a new experience for many students. For some, it may pose particular challenges. Support and advice is available, as outlined below.
Internet and equipment issues
- Curtin Connect can direct you to the appropriate services if you are having trouble studying at home because:
- you have no internet access
- you can’t afford a plan with enough data to enable you to complete your studies at home
- you don’t have access to a laptop or computer at home
- you are having ongoing issues with accessing study materials at home.
- If you are having problems viewing lectures online, you should contact your Unit Coordinator as they may be able to send you materials in a different format (e.g sending you lecture slides as a PDF document, as opposed to streaming a video online). You can locate your Unit Coordinator’s details in your unit outline, located under the ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS.
- Students can also continue to access Curtin’s free and/or discounted software at https://students.curtin.edu.au/essentials/it/software/
If you are studying a unit that usually requires a lot of interaction in class, or are generally concerned you will struggle to complete your studies online without your tutor or classmates alongside you, you are encouraged to:
- contact your unit coordinators and tutors for advice and assistance
- stay in contact with your classmates so you can support each other online.
Your study environment
If you have a noisy or distracting home environment that makes it difficult to study, the following advice is suggested:
- try using noise cancelling headphones
- try to separate yourself from other people you may be living with and/or ask that they be considerate of your study needs
- study outside if you have the space and the weather permits. Whether you are in quarantine or self-isolating, you can still use your own backyard.
Frequently asked questions
Being on campus (attendance, participation, health advice)
Study issues (offers, deferrals, withdrawals, studying online, overseas travel)
Financial issues (late payments, refunds, overseas health cover, financial assistance)
Curtin contact details for health and wellbeing support
The following sites may provide useful information for students:
The Australian Government has created a page with comprehensive up to date information on the current situation. Read more
The Department of Health has released important information for students regarding COVID-19. Visit the website
The Department of Health has also released useful information for students regarding COVID-19 in simplified Chinese to assist students. More information.