Health and safety on campus
Curtin will continue to take precautions on our campuses to help protect the health of our community. We are:
- following all COVID-19 government guidelines
- registering attendance at required campus venues via the SafeWA app and manual registers
- promoting good personal hygiene, via hard copy posters and digital screen messages
- telling people not to attend campus if they are feeling unwell or waiting for COVID-19 test results
- asking members of the community to keep an appropriate distance from each other
- regularly cleaning all campus areas, including high-touch areas
- providing hand sanitiser across campus
- limiting attendance at events.
SafeWA QR codes at Curtin
Anyone visiting Curtin’s campuses and venues in WA is asked to register their contact details. This includes staff, students, clients and partners, contractors and delivery personnel. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 this information will help identify people who have potentially been exposed.
Curtin encourages everyone to download and use the State Government’s SafeWA app as an easy and secure way of registering their entry details.
SafeWA QR codes are displayed in parking areas; mandatory venues such as cafes, retail outlets, the John Curtin Gallery and Curtin libraries; Curtin designated locations; and at corporate events. Manual registers are available for those who do not use the app or do not have a smart phone.
Curtin requires all visitors to scan the relevant SafeWA QR code when they arrive at a University parking area or their destination on campus, or to record their information in the manual register at the reception area they are visiting.
Symptoms, testing and self-isolation
If you are feeling unwell and begin to display symptoms of COVID-19 (a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms, or a sudden loss of taste or smell), or you think you have been exposed to the virus, you can call the State Government’s Coronavirus Information Helpline 1326843 or your own doctor for advice. If you visit a COVID-19 clinic to be tested for the virus, please self-isolate until you have been cleared of COVID-19.