Apply for your Curtin University course/s directly via the course page of your desired course on our website https://www.curtin.edu.au/study/
3. Download the special consideration application form [.pdf – 270kB] or call the Admissions Office on 1300 222 888 and we will send you a hard copy of the form.
4. Download the medical evidence form [.pdf – 799kB] and have this completed by your health professional if you are applying for special consideration based on a medical condition. If it is impossible to have the Medical Evidence Form completed please state the reasons for this in your personal statement.
5. Write a personal statement which should be an honest explanation, in your own words, of the circumstances which have affected your preparation for entry to University and the severity of their impact on your studies. It should be no more than the equivalent of one A4 page of single-spaced typing in length and must be signed by you. Only the first page of any personal statement will be considered. If contact has already been made with the relevant Course Coordinator or Head of School, University Counselling, or Ethics Equity and Social Justice, you should note the details in your personal statement.
6. Every circumstance you put forward for consideration, which you believe has affected your studies, must be supported by an official statement of confirmation by an appropriate professional. If you state that illness has affected your studies then you should not only have a medical certificate but you must have official confirmation of the impact of the circumstances on your studies. This could be stated on the Medical Evidence Form or school leavers could obtain a statement from your year coordinator to confirm the impact on your studies.
7. Attach the following to the completed Special Consideration application:
o Your personal statement
o Medical certificates and/ or medical evidence form
o Statements from your school/ institution regarding the impact on your studies
o School reports for years 11 and 12
o Other documents as needed
o Do not supply your CV or personal references from family or others.
8. Submit your documents via email to The Manager, Admissions Office at email@example.com.