Refund and remission of fees
Refund or remission of fees due to special circumstances
You can apply for a refund or remission of fees if you have experienced an adverse and unexpected event that has had a significant impact on your studies after the census date of a particular study period.
To apply you must be able to provide evidence that the circumstances:
- Were beyond your control
- Did not make their full impact known until on or after the census date
- Affected you to the extent that you were unable to complete the requirements of the unit.
If your application is approved:
- Your financial penalty will be removed
- You will be eligible for a refund or remission of debt
- A unit withdrawal (WD on your academic record) may be applied.
If you wish to apply for multiple study periods, a separate application and supporting documentation must be submitted for each individual study period. Submissions that include multiple study periods on one application will be cancelled.
If you are an international student, please ensure you read Curtin’s full International Student Refund Agreement [.pdf 198 kB] before applying for a refund or remission of fees.