A sponsorship is where a department, body or organisation (for example, your employer) has formally agreed to pay your tuition fees. They may pay for the full duration of your studies or for an agreed period of time.
Sponsorships are different to scholarships, which are full or one-off fee grants offered by Curtin to eligible students.
If you are a fully sponsored student, you will not receive invoices or be required to arrange payment for your fees; Curtin will forward all invoices directly to your sponsor. You must make sure your sponsorship is valid for the duration of your studies; if it expires or if your sponsor doesn’t pay, you will become responsible for paying your fees.
You can find more information about international sponsorship on the international sponsorships website.
If a department, body or organisation has agreed to sponsor your studies, you must let us know by contacting:
Curtin will then provide you and your sponsor with the necessary forms to set up a sponsorship.
You must also complete and submit a sponsor disclosure of information [.pdf 85kB]. This will allow Curtin to provide information relating to your fees and academic progress to your sponsor.
If your department, body or organisation has set up a sponsorship arrangement with Curtin, you must ensure all tuition fees are paid by the relevant due date. As a sponsor, you will be sent invoices for due payments, which will include the:
- Student’s name and Student ID
- Student’s course details
- Title and cost of each enrolled unit for the current study period
- Due date for payment.
If payment is not made by the due date shown on the invoice, late payment fees may apply.
If payments are received late, without prior arrangement, a sanction may be placed on the student’s record. This will remain until all outstanding fees have been paid.
If your department, body or organisation has set up a sponsorship arrangement with Curtin, you will be responsible for covering any expenses incurred by Curtin in recovering unpaid monies.
Curtin offers a number of payment methods to sponsors paying fees on behalf of students.
Paying from within Australia
- Curtin ePay – our fast and secure online payment method, which accepts payment by MasterCard, Visa and American Express; and PayPal.
- Direct bank transfer – make payment directly to Curtin’s bank account; please email email@example.com to request our bank details.
Paying from outside Australia
- Curtin ePay – our fast and secure online payment method, which accepts payment by MasterCard, Visa and American Express, PayPal and international bank transfer via Flywire.
- Telegraphic transfer – make payment directly to Curtin’s account from an international bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request Curtin’s bank detail.
Note: payments made by telegraphic transfer may incur a bank processing charge; this charge is the responsibility of the payer.
Once you have made a payment to Curtin, please email your payment receipt or remittance details to email@example.com.
Make a sponsorship payment at any time online with Curtin ePay.