The chat2 study is testing a new weight management program led by dietitians to support people in building healthy habits.
What’s the study about?
The aim of this 1-year study is to see if providing people with access to a dietitian through telehealth by video can help people improve the quality of their diet and generally feel better about themselves.
Half the people who take part will be asked to continue with current best care for obesity with their doctor and half will be given the chat2 program, chosen randomly. The study will use an app to help record their diet through taking pictures.
- Are living with obesity (BMI 30 to 45)
- Are in reasonably good health
- Are between 18 and 65 years of age
- Have not had weight loss surgery
- Have not taking medication for weight loss
- Have a smartphone (iPhone or Android)
- Are able to take part in telehealth video conferencing calls
- Are able to come to Curtin Perth (Bentley) for 4 study visits (60-90 minutes per visit)
We want to hear from you!
What are the benefits of joining?
- Receive a ($20) voucher for each visit to Curtin Perth
- Free monitoring of your diet and health for a year
- Test out the researcher-designed mobile food app to record your food intake
- Be part of an international cutting-edge study for people living with obesity
Join the study
Interested in participating? Visit the chat2study website for more information.