Our course will teach students a range of practical skills to support public health action across educational, organisational, socio-economic, environmental and political domains to improve population health.
This fully online, multidisciplinary course is designed for health professionals seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in public health, while continuing to work. If you already work in public health, or want to move into this field, this course can prepare you for advancement in your organisation or field, providing you with practical skills and helping you to broaden your knowledge and skill set.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- apply discipline specific knowledge in an area of public health
- think critically in problem solving and decision making
- access and use information technology to access, evaluate and interpret public health data and transform information to complete a range of activities
- communicate effectively in various settings and/or for different audiences within the context of public health activities
- use current technologies applicable to public health
- demonstrate responsibility for personal outputs
- explain how different national contexts impact on the health of individuals and communities
- demonstrate an awareness of the impact of inequities and social disadvantage on the health of individuals and community
- demonstrate the ability to work effectively as an individual and within a team environment