Doctor of Physiotherapy application requirements
Please refer to our application requirements before applying for a Doctor of Physiotherapy (MX-PHYTH) at Curtin.
Things to know before applying
- This course can only be undertaken full-time over three years plus an initial intensive seven-week study period in January-February of the first year.
- The Doctor of Physiotherapy course commences in early January each year.
- Completion of the course’s 600 credits is necessary for physiotherapy registration eligibility. Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) for a very limited number of units may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Deferment of an offer to the following year is not allowed.
- Entry is competitive and only 30 places are offered each year. Applicants are required to submit as much information as possible relating to their education and professional background to assist in the evaluation of their application.
- Overseas-trained physiotherapists are eligible to apply to this course but should consider applying for the Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) as well.
Documents to submit with your application
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Academic transcript and award certificate – it is important that BOTH SIDES of the academic transcript are provided
- Completed personal statement [.pdf – 21 kB]
- Evidence of study in particular subject field(s) at university level is essential.
These essential subject field(s) of study are:
i. Musculoskeletal anatomy
– Bones, joints and muscles
– Not about cells, embryology or a general overview of the whole body
– Cannot be an online unit
– Must include ‘wet lab’/cadaveric content
ii. Health Research Methods or Evidence-based practice
iii. Human biology/physiology
You must self-identify the unit(s) you have or are in the process of completing which you consider to meet these specific unit prerequisite requirements using the following template document [.pdf – 210 kB]
If units are completed at an institution other than Curtin, unit outlines must be provided. Please provide Unit Outlines for all units you have self-identified on the template as meeting prerequisites. These unit outlines must contain the syllabus, learning outcomes and assessment for each of the prerequisite unit(s), a list of topics studied or calendar, must have the logo of the University and be from the year and semester you completed the units. Printouts from an Online Handbook are not accepted. The unit outline document name must contain the unit code.