This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

Workers compensation

A student on campus smiling at the camera

If you have been involved in a workplace injury, you must:

  • Seek immediate medical attention if required
  • Inform your employer of the incident
  • Visit a health professional to be assessed and initiate a workers compensation claim

Your employer will forward your claim to their insurance provider who will assess the claim.

Until an insurance claim number is provided to you or your employer, you will be required to pay for all the visit to Health Services. Once we receive your worker’s compensation claim number, your accounts from us will be sent directly the insurance company until your claim is finalised and closed.

Forward all receipts for payments that you have made to your employer so it can be claimed through their insurance company.

Motor vehicle accident claims

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you must:

  • Seek immediate medical attention if required
  • Report the crash/notify an injury to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA)

More information of what you need to do and report a crash can be found on the ICWA website.

When you visit Health Services for medical assistance, you will be required to provide us with a claim number provided to you by ICWA (6 digits) in order for us to send your invoice directly to ICWA for payment.

If you do not have a claim number at the time of your consult, the account for the consult will have to be paid by you. Please contact ICWA directly for reimbursement enquiries.