What does it mean to be ‘gender diverse’? And should gender even matter?
In this episode, Amelia and Jessica are joined by gender and sexuality expert Misty Farquhar from the Curtin University Centre for Human Rights Education. The three delve deep into gender diversity, inclusivity and the right age to transition.
- What’s the difference between sex and gender? [01:38]
- Using pronouns properly [05:24]
- What issues do trans and gender diverse people face? [11:37]
- The future of ‘gender reveals’ [13:44]
- Is there a right age to transition and what does it involve? [15:02]
- Is it time to ‘do away’ with gender? [20:53]
Connect with our guests
Mx Misty Farquhar
Sessional Academic, School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
Got any questions or suggestions for future topics?
Curtin University supports academic freedom of speech. The views expressed in The Future Of podcast may not reflect those of Curtin University.
Music: OKAY by 13ounce Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 Music promoted by Audio Library.
You can read the full transcript for the episode at https://thefutureof.simplecast.com/episodes/gender/transcript.