Support for new international students
If you are commencing your studies for the first time at Curtin in Semester 2, 2023, you may be eligible for a reimbursement of up to $50 (AUD) to cover one of the following transfer costs:
- Transport fare from Perth international or domestic airport to your Perth accommodation
- Transport fare from Perth international or domestic airport to a Perth train, bus or airport terminal to reach a Curtin regional campus such as Kalgoorlie
- Transport fare from regional train, bus or airport terminal to reach your regional accommodation
Living and studying in Australia
You’re not alone at Curtin. Our support services include:
- Student wellbeing advisors who are here to help when you’re struggling with a personal or study issue.
- Social workers who can assist you in developing practical strategies to help you overcome life’s challenges.
- Multi faith services support the religious, faith and spiritual needs of Curtin students through a specialised team of chaplains and student clubs.
- Conversational Help and Support programs which are designed to help improve your conversational English.
- Accommodation Coaches are available online to help you with your search for off-campus accommodation.
Moving to Australia
Before you move to Australia, see how to plan your budget, get health insurance, organise your arrival in Australia, find accommodation and work, and bring your family.
Enrolment and visa information
Check out our handy guide which outlines everything you need to know about your enrolment, visa, work rights and health cover, while in studying in Australia as an international student.
Nearing the end of your studies and thinking about the next step? Whether you are looking to return home, are hoping to stay and work in Australia, or are exploring further student options – we’ve got you covered!
Get practical advice about your future with Curtin and beyond.