When you first accept an offer for a course at Curtin as an international student you will be issued with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from Global Curtin to apply for your student visa.
If your student visa expires before you complete your course you will need to request a new CoE. This is so that you can apply for a new student visa with the Department of Home Affairs in order to continue your current course of study.
There are certain requirements that must be met before your CoE can be produced. Please refer to the Online Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) application guidelines [.pdf 51kB] and ensure you have met all the requirements before requesting your new CoE.
Please note that the following students are not able to request their CoE online.
- Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students – contact the Student Advisor – International Student Visas at email@example.com to seek advice on how to obtain a CoE
- Students changing to a new course – you will received your CoE from Global Curtin after you have formally accepted your offer
To request a new CoE online:
- Log into OASIS
- Click on the My Studies tab
- In the quick forms Channel, click on Request for Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) [International Students Only].
Once you have your CoE you are to apply for your new student visa online at the Department of Home Affairs website. You will need to log into your immiAccount to start the online application.
- Provide evidence of overseas student health cover (OSHC) for the length of your visa directly to the Department of Home Affairs. You will have to arrange payment directly with your OSHC provider to extend your current cover. Please see their websites and follow the prompts for Overseas Students for further information and arranging payments.
- You may have to provide evidence of a medical check-up within the last 12 months (as medical and x-ray results are only valid for 12 months). For information about the immigration health requirements please see the Department of Home Affairs website.
For further information about the Student visa (subclass 500) and the application requirements, please see the Department of Home Affairs website.
Fees and charges associated with student visa applications are available from the Department of Home Affairs website.
The Department of Home Affairs contact details:
Students applying from outside Australia can contact their nearest Australian High Commission/Embassy if they require assistance with their student visa application. For further information about visas, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.