If you’re passionate about pursuing a career in the creative industries, this course will provide you with the skills and experience you need to take your career anywhere in the world.
You’ll gain a broad-based, contemporary understanding of theory and practice in your chosen major, learning from discipline experts and industry professionals who share their innovative, passionate and contemporary knowledge of the creative arts.
You'll also gain first-hand experience working with industry-standard equipment in our Media Production Studio, Hayman Theatre and the Design and Art precinct studios, labs and galleries.
With professional internships available and opportunities to exhibit, perform and screen works to the public, you'll be immersed in the creative sector well before you graduate.
Create your dream degree
STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR MAJOR
By focusing on creative arts as a practice and discipline, you’ll balance creativity and practicality to broaden your career opportunities.
Select a major that suits your career aspirations:
STEP 2: COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE STRUCTURE
Complement your major with:
- a specialisation within or outside the field of creative arts, plus electives in any field, OR
- electives in any field.
What you'll learn
- demonstrate understanding of the broad discipline of Creative Arts, the theoretical underpinnings and ways of thinking. Apply specific discipline knowledge and technical skills to the production of creative work
- apply creative arts methods, experimentation critical thinking and entrepreneurial strategies in creative disciplines
- communicate information and ideas effectively applying appropriate existing and emerging technologies within Creative Arts disciplines
- understand, respond and engage with global perspectives in Creative Arts: demonstrate relevant ethical and sustainable responsibilities of creative practice activities
- acknowledge, respect and support the values and knowledge of local indigenous and global cultures and the relevant bearing on Creative Arts production
- demonstrate professional and career capable conduct, work collaboratively and individually within the Creative Arts Industry