UniReady will enable students to matriculate into Curtin (and other universities). The program incorporates a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness that caters to students with a wide range of educational backgrounds, ages and experiences. This program is flexible enough to allow students to complete one, some or all of the units in the course depending on credit for recognised learning.
This study package has been created for administrative purposes only and not to be advertised.
What you'll learn
- prepare students to successfully undertake undergraduate programs by understanding and applying discipline knowledge, concepts and principles appropriately
- demonstrate skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing and note-taking/making through specific content and controversial themes, which are selected to encourage critical thinking and analysis
- locate, extract and critically appraise relevant evidence to selected disciplines
- develop oral presentations and writing skills appropriate to university entry level
- use electronic resources to effectively collect, collate information and to communicate effectively online
- self motivated, critical and reflective
- investigate and critically analyse the meaning of the term 'globalisation' to consider issues from a variety of perspectives within their discipline
- develop critical appreciation of the major perspectives from which human behaviour, attitudes, thoughts, interactions, literature, language, society, culture and communications are presented and interpreted
- apply independent learning and self management strategies to future undergraduate study