Logistic and supply chain professionals manage the supply of goods and services from the supplier through to the customer in the fastest, safest and most cost-effective way possible.
Studying this major prepares you for employment in transport, purchasing, distribution, manufacturing and retail.
You’ll learn foundations and techniques of supply chain management, purchasing, procurement and systems analysis and design. You’ll also gain experience in project management and operations management, and look at a range of issues applicable to strategic procurement, such as competitive conduct, strategy, logistics, sustainability and management.
This major sits within the Bachelor of Commerce degree. To apply for this major, you will apply for the Bachelor of Commerce.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
Recommended double majors:
What jobs can the Logistics and Supply Chain Management lead to?
- Importer or exporter
- Inventory and supply officer
- Logistics coordinator
- Operations manager
- Procurement officer
- Supply chain analyst
- Transport administrator
- Private business
What you'll learn
- apply supply chain management discipline knowledge, principles, theory and professional skills appropriate to a range of business organisations
- examine supply chain processes, procedures, functions and systems to understand how to apply and adapt supply chain knowledge to a changing global environment
- formulate creative and innovative propositions to manage opportunities and challenges faced within the supply chain industry as they emerge
- apply digitalisation and communication technologies to support international organisations in business and societal activities
- critically manage, analyse, and recommend ethical supply chain practices for a range of local and international business organisations
- professionally promote the value of social, cross-cultural capability and respectful practices in supply chain management (including awareness of Indigenous/First Peoples’ cultures around the world)