In this double degree you’ll combine a Science major with a Commerce major and gain the skills to create solutions to complex scientific, business and commercial problems. You'll also gain the ability to help organisations fulfil the financial potential of scientific discoveries and to apply commercial knowledge in research environments.
* Finance is also available as a double degree with the Bachelor of Applied Geology.
How this course will make you industry ready
This course will contain strong components of practical work to ensure you gain hands-on training with technical equipment relevant to the area studied.
What you'll learn
- apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical situations through research and practical application in the field of science and business
- think creatively and critically to generate innovative solutions to complex scientific, business and commercial problems
- access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from a range of organisational and external sources
- communicate appropriately and effectively in professional, public and scientific contexts
- apply technologies appropriately
- demonstrate initiative, responsibility and lifelong learning skills by applying critical reflection and being proactive
- describe global and cultural issues as related to the science and business areas and their impact on local and international communities
- demonstrate respect for human rights, cultural diversity and the particular rights of Indigenous Australians
- show leadership and employ ethical practice and professional integrity, both within a team and independently