You will learn the basics of predictive data analytics, and the concepts of data analysis, computing and visualisation. You will also find out how these concepts can be used to predict future scenarios.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
How this course will make you industry ready
Data analytics is used to analyse data in order to draw conclusions - whereas predictive analytics is a newly emerging field that allows us to utilise this data in order to predict future outcomes, allowing companies to make better informed decisions and execute efficient strategies on disruptive technologies.
What jobs can the Graduate Certificate in Predictive Analytics lead to?
Experts in predictive analytics are well placed to handle the ‘big data’ issues of the future. They understand how to overlay historical and prediction data with supply chain financial and other business data, and are able to correlate probability assessments for better informed decisions.
What you'll learn
- comprehend the theoretical background of data analytics and data processing of unstructured data for correct interpretation of the data
- explain the various approaches to data analysis and appreciate strategies for adapting them to a specific situation
- assess information from a variety of sources and assisting to develop a plan to optimise data management, processing and prediction
- communicate data analysis findings in a variety of ways via written, verbal or electronic communications
- assist in evaluating and selecting appropriately from existing and emerging data analysis and prediction technologies
- utilise fundamental knowledge to enable further study of new and emerging prediction analysis concepts, issues and management strategies
- identify the international standards related to the predictive analytics industry; consider issues with a global perspective
- articulate the ethical issues related to protecting the rights of individuals from diverse cultures; inclusive of Indigenous perspectives and how that maps to ensuring the quality and integrity of data collected and analysed
- apply lessons learnt in a professional manner to assist in all areas of prediction design, demonstrating leadership and ethical behaviour at all times