Start or expand your career in one of the world’s largest industries with our Graduate Certificate. Our courses are industry relevant so you will be provided with up-to-date knowledge in areas such as food safety and preservation, chemistry, microbiology and food processing.
This course offers you the flexibility to choose from a range of specialist coursework units.
Your course coordinator will help you choose the units to suit your current and future professional needs.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What jobs can the Food Science and Technology lead to?
- Food quality assurance
- Research and development
- Sales and marketing
What you'll learn
- apply the principles and practices of food sciences and technology to the production of safe and healthy food
- apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse issues relevant to food; use appropriate technologies effectively, recognising their advantages and limitations
- access, evaluate and synthesise information from a wide range of resources using appropriate technologies and use oral and written communication effectively to their peers.
- recognise international standards and practices within the discipline and engage in food related issues that occur locally
- value cultural diversity and recognise the impact of culture on food preferences and usage
- engage in self-directed learning and exhibit professional behaviour when working independently and collaboratively.