The UniReady program can help you qualify for entry into a range of undergraduate courses.
Successful completion of the program will fulfil the minimum admission criteria or an ATAR of 70 and English proficiency.
This program is an excellent option if you:
- missed out on Curtin’s indicative ATAR
- did not generate an ATAR as you completed general studies
- did not complete your high school studies
- are undertaking or completed vocational studies and now want to come to University
- are a mature age student (20 years or older).
This program is free as it is fully government funded.
12 weeks plus orientation, study and exam weeks. See our academic calendar for specific dates.
On-campus, online or a combination of both.
What you'll learn
- prepare students to successfully undertake undergraduate programs by understanding and applying discipline knowledge, concepts and principles appropriately
- demonstrate skills of listening, speaking, reading, writing and note-taking/making through specific content and controversial themes, which are selected to encourage critical thinking and analysis
- locate, extract and critically appraise relevant evidence to selected disciplines
- develop oral presentations and writing skills appropriate to university entry level
- use electronic resources to effectively collect, collate information and to communicate effectively online
- self motivated, critical and reflective
- investigate and critically analyse the meaning of the term 'globalisation' to consider issues from a variety of perspectives within their discipline
- develop critical appreciation of the major perspectives from which human behaviour, attitudes, thoughts, interactions, literature, language, society, culture and communications are presented and interpreted
- apply independent learning and self management strategies to future undergraduate study