This enabling course is a pathway for Indigenous Australian students interested in studying an undergraduate science or engineering course at Curtin.
It will help you meet the requirements for your chosen course and will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to succeed at university.
Throughout the enabling course, you’ll benefit from small class sizes and a range of academic support services at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies, including mentoring and tutoring.
When you complete the course, you will be eligible for entry into a range of Curtin’s undergraduate science and engineering courses. Depending on the course you choose, you may be exempt from one unit based on what you’ve learned in the enabling course.
You can then transition into diverse areas of science or engineering, and gain a solid base for further study or work opportunities.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- understand the concepts of mathematics, statistics. physics, and chemistry and apply foundational scientific knowledge to achieve outcomes
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that enable creative and innovative solution focused outcomes
- learn and apply skills in the use and application of technology to identify and synthesise information
- apply principles of academic writing and communication skills, and demonstrate academic integrity
- use appropriate technology ethically for interpreting and analysing information or data
- develop study and life-long learning skills that heighten education success, generating confidence to sustain intellectual engagement and self-directed learning
- develop fundamental understanding and application of international standards and practices in science
- demonstrate respect for Aboriginal perspectives and cultural diversity valuing different knowledge and contributions to science
- demonstrate independent learning and leadership when required with the ability to work collectively within a team