This internet browser is outdated and does not support all features of this site. Please switch or upgrade to a different browser to display this site properly.

Alcohol and other drugs

Students de-stress in different ways. Making healthy decisions are important and that includes whether or not to use alcohol or other drugs. Use the below information to get more information about a specific drug or find out how to talk to someone about your drug use.

Want to discuss alcohol or drug use, get support or advice?

  • The Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Drug Aware also has support via phone, email and live chat.
  • You can also access Curtin’s Psychological and Counselling Services or Health Service for confidential non-judgemental support and advice from psychologists, doctors and nurses. These are free services for all students.

Alcohol and other drug information

Responsible Service of Alcohol certification

In order to work with alcohol under Australian employment laws, you must have your Responsible Service of Alcohol certification. RSA Online delivers the nationally recognised RSA unit. The course can be undertaken in just a few hours, entirely online.

The Statement of Attainment for the unit is a recognised RSA certificate valid in Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia and the Northern Territory.