The Orientation Session for higher degree by research (HDR) students (doctoral and masters by research) sets the scene for research study at Curtin and includes hints for surviving your first year and beyond.
We recommend you also attend other activities being offered around the university so you get familiar with the campus, your specific school/department and key areas such as the library.
HDR Orientation resources
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to you and your supervisor, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related policies, procedures and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for your progress. Select the resources below to view the presentations and recordings from the most recent HDR Orientation.
Resources from 21 July 2022
- HDR Orientation Program 21 July 2022 [.pdf 57 KB]
- 01a PG Students Committee – tips for success [.pptx 13,000 KB]
- 01b PG Students Committee – tips for success [.pptx 3,000 KB]
- 01c PG Students Committee and Guild services [.pptx 11,000 KB]
- 02 Academic language and literacy learning [.pptx 145 KB]
- 03 Research integrity & ethics [.pptx 485 KB]
- 04 Library services & Faculty Librarian support [.pdf 1,523 KB)
- 05 Library GRASP program [.pptx 226 KB]
- 06 Research Data Management [.pptx 2,796]
- 07 Copyright [.pptx 2,944 KB]
- 08 Curtin Careers Support for HDRs [.pdf 3,920 KB]
- 09 Computation skills – Curtin Institute for Computation [.pdf 4,7460 KB]
- 10 Overview by the Dean, Graduate Studies [.pptx]
- Recording – all items 01 – 10 except item 03
- Recording item 03 Research Integrity and Ethics