Property is a diverse and exciting industry offering many types of jobs and challenges. Investing in property assets is central to this industry and many employers seek employees who have specialist knowledge of property markets and assets.
Such knowledge is vital when developing and managing investment portfolios and, on a personal level, understanding property markets can help you on your own property ownership and investment journey.
In this specialisation you will learn how housing and commercial property markets operate, analyse property investments, assess returns and understand how property is financed. These skills are equally important in the public and private sectors.
This specialisation differs from the property-based majors as it is specifically designed for students from other disciplines who want to gain an understanding of property as an investment class. It incorporates project-based work, for example assessing potential returns from specific property assets, and draws on industry case studies. You will also have the opportunity to engage directly with industry.
What jobs can the Property Investment lead to?
- Property development manager
- Property risk manager
- Asset manager
- Funds manager
- Property analyst
- Commercial property manager
- Investment manager
- Sales and leasing executive
- Asset and fund management
- Banking and finance
- Property development and consulting
What you'll learn
- Identify, understand, apply and analyse property investment related issues and their impacts on national and international markets. GC1
- Communicate property investment analysis professionally and in ways that are responsible and appropriate for local, national and international business contexts. GC1 GC3 GC4 GC6
- Distinguish, identify and apply available technologies and methodologies to investigate property investment related issues in ways that demonstrate critical thinking and responsible judgement. GC1 GC2
- Apply acquired skills individually and in a group to facilitate the understanding and solution of property investment related issues in a professional and ethical manner while appreciating the importance and impact of cultural diversity on making decisions. GC2 GC4 GC5
- Understand the implications and potential impacts of current developments, as well as identify new developments, in the field of property investment and integrate available strategies into the existing body of knowledge. GC1 GC2 GC3 GC4 GC6