This double degree is an extended, optional program for engineering students. As well developing your civil and construction engineering skills, you will further develop your business skills, giving you an added level of experience to take into the first stage of your engineering career.
To satisfy professional requirements, students must complete at least 12 weeks, or equivalent, of exposure to professional engineering practice. This requirement can be met by appropriate work experience or through a combination of technical and non-technical activities.
This major sits within the double degree combination of Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Commerce.
See our handbook for more course information.
How this course will make you industry ready
This is a professional and practical-orientated course that will equip you to be work-ready as soon as you graduate.
What jobs can the Civil and Construction Engineering Double Degree Major (BEng Hons/BCom) lead to?
- Civil engineer
- Construction engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Mining engineer
- Water supply
What you'll learn
- integrate knowledge from all Civil and Construction Engineering sub-disciplines to design and construct civil engineering works
- acquire and evaluate information to facilitate design and construction of civil engineering works
- integrate learning with client requirements to produce feasible practical, sustainable solutions
- communicate effectively with plans and reports to all stakeholders
- identify and use suitable technologies to complete civil engineering works successfully
- continually extend and build on professional understanding and skills acquired during the undergraduate learning
- practise civil engineering with a global perspective and appropriate international standards
- recognize the impact of cultural and environmental diversity in implementing civil engineering works
- demonstrate leadership, professional behaviour and ethical practice in the context of civil engineering projects