Students will gain practical experience in the state-of-the-art undergraduate teaching laboratories as part of the Resources and Chemistry Precinct. Work-based learning may be taken as an elective unit.
This course sits within the double degree combination of Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts, and also the Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Commerce. Applicants have the choice of which double degree combination they would like to study.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What jobs can the Chemistry Double Degree Major (BSc/BA, BSc/BCom) lead to?
- Forensic scientist
- Material scientist
- Medicinal chemist
- Synthetic chemist
What you'll learn
- apply chemistry knowledge, principles and concepts
- apply critical, creative and reflective thinking to chemistry problems
- access, evaluate and synthesise information relating to chemistry
- effectively communicate chemistry ideas and concepts
- use a range of technologies to collect and analyse data with appropriate regard to uncertainties
- work as responsible, self-directed and motivated learners
- apply internationally accepted scientific conventions, standards and protocols
- demonstrate respect for cultural diversity in professional life
- work safely, effectively and ethically in a multi-faceted scientific environment