The Master of Management is an early career program specifically designed for emerging business leaders and entrepreneurs who want to succeed in management and business in the global environment.
This boutique course is modelled on high-quality, international Master of Management programs to give early-career professionals the practical business skills to boost their career or start their own business.
You will develop leadership, management and professional skills through work-integrated learning, mentorships, guest speakers and case studies. You’ll acquire core global business knowledge and skills that will equip you to be employable in the modern global workplace.
Throughout the course, you will receive customised services, including professional skills development, networking opportunities, career advice, personal branding and employment readiness workshops. These services ensure you graduate industry-ready and are prepared to begin and develop a successful international career.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in business or commerce may be eligible to apply for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) equal to 100 credits within the Master of Management (equivalent of one semester full-time study). This means you could complete your studies sooner.
In your final semester, you will undertake an industry-based group project, to further cement your professional skills in the competitive global market, and expand your networks.
The study tour is an optional, intensive experience in which you will gain knowledge and skills related to working in the business environment. Run over four days, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with organisations based in Perth and another regional location aligned to Western Australia’s key industries. You will have the opportunity to expand your professional networks and gain unique insights in to a number of different organisations. The cost of the study tour will be in addition to tuition fees for those students interested in participating.
International Student Scholarship
High achieving international students may be eligible for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. Successful recipients of this scholarship will receive a reduction in tuition fees by 25% for the duration of the Master of Management, if the prescribed course weighted averaged is maintained.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- apply appropriate practices, principles and concepts to evaluate and resolve current and emerging trends in business management and practices
- think critically, creatively and innovatively
- access and synthesise information from multiple sources to make sound judgements
- communicate in ways appropriate to the discipline, audience and purpose
- use and apply technologies in ways that are beneficial to the workplace
- develop an understanding of and reflectively apply different learning and development strategies
- create new approaches of looking at global business issues
- demonstrate ways of using cultural diversity to improve self- awareness, business, professional and ethical practice
- critique and reconceptualise the roles of leadership, ethical practice and professional integrity when working within a team and independently