This major enables working professionals without experience in human resources management to gain expertise and professional competencies in areas of the HR management continuum.
It is particularly suited to human resource managers and employment-relations professionals and consultants who are interested in optimising workplace performance and engagement through macro- and micro-based negotiation, comparative global human resource management and employment relations, and HR analytics and research.
The course comprises in-class learning, collaborative projects and guided independent research. Topics include:
- building high-performing teams
- remuneration and performance
- strategic HR planning
- HR analytics
- employment relations
- health and safety management.
This major sits within the Master of Commerce. To apply for this major, apply for the Master of Commerce.
Note: If you are an HR professional with substantial industry experience and are seeking a more specialised qualification, apply for our Master of Human Resources, which offers two options that cater to different levels of experience:
- Complete a 7-unit master degree in one year: If you are an HR professional with a relevant undergraduate degree (human resources, law, management or a related field) AND three years’ work experience, you can complete our 7-unit Master of Human Resources in just one year of full-time study.
- Complete a 12-unit master degree in 18 months: If you have either a relevant undergraduate degree OR three years’ relevant work experience, you can complete our 12-unit Master of Human Resources in 18 months of full-time study.
What jobs can the Human Resources Major (MCom) lead to?
- Human resource or employment relations manager
- Human resource advisor or business partner
- Management consultant
- Policy and planning manager
- Human capital consultant
- Organisational development professional
- Employment relations advisor
- Industrial officer
- Corporate and retail
- Resources and energy
- Government and non-profit.