Curtin students may travel as part of their studies for research, placement, exchange or for professional development.
If you are planning on making travel arrangements for university activities including:
- Air travel or overland travel
- Overnight accommodation
You are required to submit a travel request in the Travel Operations Portal (TOP) and obtain approval prior to travel. Flights must be booked by the Travel Operations Team if your travel is funded by Curtin University.
Student travel approval process
- Discuss your need to travel with your supervisor or coordinator.
- If your travel includes Fieldwork, complete the online Fieldwork Risk Assessment Form.
- Create and submit a travel request in the Travel Operations Portal (TOP).
- Wait for your travel request to be approved. You will be notified by email as your travel request progresses through the approval process.
- Once approved, a Travel Facilitator will contact you with further instructions for your bookings.
Please note that a travel request must be approved in TOP prior to making any arrangements.
Students and student group leaders should familiarise themselves with Curtin’s Travel Procedures for Students. You can also refer to Curtin’s Travel Insurance Brochure [.pdf 4MB] for more information.
Travellers approved (via TOP) for Curtin business travel are covered under the University’s corporate travel insurance policy. To make a claim, please print and complete the Insurance Claim Form [.pdf 106kB]. When completed, please forward the form together with any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
For urgent assistance with your travel arrangements, including flight changes and hotel reservations, please contact ATPI on +61 8 9266 2747.
This phone number will divert to their emergency after hours service when out of hours. Fees will apply.
For travel emergencies, including illness, injury and personal safety concerns, please contact International SOS.
International SOS Emergency Assistance: +61 2 9372 2486
Member number: 12AYCA656047