Religious equity arrangements
Curtin University recognises, respects and values the religious diversity of its students, staff and community, and has a range of policies in place for special arrangements in examinations, assessments, and graduations.
Religious equity is a Curtin value which recognises the important of religious practice and obligations for staff and students, by supporting student and staff religious practices on campus.
Some of the ways that Curtin supports religious diversity include:
- Providing religious equity examinations and assessments for students whose examination or assessment schedule clashes with their religious convictions.
- Providing religious equity graduation arrangements for students whose scheduled graduation ceremony clashes with their religious convictions.
- Protecting the Curtin community from religious harassment.
- Ensuring appropriate facilities and arrangements can be made to support students and staff.
- Managing, wherever feasible, additional religious requirements of students and staff.