To create a positive impact for the world, we need bold, creative innovators.
The Curtinnovation Awards recognise and celebrate individuals and teams developing new innovations through research, study, or work at Curtin University that could significantly benefit society.
No idea is off limits. Previous winners of the Curtinnovation Awards include a potential cause and therapeutic target of Alzheimer’s outside the brain; a revolutionary cybersecurity platform defending against state-based and criminal cyber attackers; and a data-driven program helping businesses, schools, and households to reduce their carbon footprint.
View our previous winners here.
All Curtinnovation Awards finalists will receive wider recognition of their work and be considered for further support for the commercialisation of their innovation.
Winners will also receive these benefits plus a share of the $100,000 prize pool, and the opportunity to receive scholarships for our Curtin Ignition and Accelerate programs.
Curtin staff, students, and researchers, as well as Curtin entrepreneur program graduates, and current and prospective industry partners are eligible to apply.
Applications are now open and will close 5pm AWST Friday 2 June 2023. Those interested in applying are invited to our info seminar on Tuesday 2 May at 1pm. To RSVP, click here.
For enquiries, please contact the Commercialisation team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Overall Winner: $15,000
- The highest quality submission overall.
- Business & Law: $5,000
- The highest quality submission related to the fields of business & law.
- Health Sciences: $5,000
- The highest quality submission related to the fields of health sciences.
- Humanities: $5,000
- The highest quality submission related to the fields of humanities.
- International Prize: $5,000
- The highest quality submission from a student or staff member based at one of Curtin’s international campuses.
- Science & Engineering: $5,000
- The highest quality submission related to the fields of science & engineering.
- Student Prize sponsored by Innovation Central Perth: $3,500
- The highest quality submission by a current student at any Curtin campus.
- Teaching & Learning: $5,000
- The highest quality submission related to the fields of teaching & learning.
- Trailblazer: $5,000
- The highest quality submission that can benefit the critical minerals and resources industry.
- Applications open: Wednesday 8 March 2023
- Applications close: Friday 2 June 2023
- Shortlist pitching: Friday 16 June 2023
- Finalists selected: Monday 19 June 2023
- Finalists announced: Wednesday 5 July 2023
- Winners announced: Friday 20 October 2023