Reciprocal membership for Curtin staff and students
You can borrow in-person at another Australian or New Zealand university through reciprocal borrowing arrangements.
How to join another Western Australian university library
Current Curtin University students and staff may apply for reciprocal membership to Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, University of Western Australia and/or University of Notre Dame.
You can register online before travelling to libraries so that your record is available on their system.
How to apply
- Click on the Registration Form link.
- Select Curtin University from the drop-down menu, then click on Continue to your organisation.
- When prompted, enter your Curtin University username and password.
- You will then be presented with the WA Reciprocal Borrower Registration form that has been populated with your details.
- Continue to fill in the blank fields and click on Register.
- You can select more than one library to register with. Your details will be sent to the libraries you selected, and you will receive separate communications from each that you have applied.
How to join another Australian or New Zealand university library
Curtin Library is a member of the National Borrowing Scheme which allows students and staff from member universities to borrow in-person from any other participating Australian or New Zealand university libraries.
How to apply
Curtin University staff and students may apply in person at the member library you wish to use. Make sure you take proof of identity, current enrolment and current address.
- Your reciprocal library membership is personal, non-transferable and valid for the current academic year, expiring on 28 February of the following year.
- The number of items you may borrow varies across libraries. You must return borrowed items to the library from which you borrowed them.
- While using another university’s library, you are bound by their rules and regulations. Penalties and fines for late return of items may be levied. Failure to comply with the rules and practices of a host library may result in sanctions at Curtin University.
- If an item is not returned, Curtin University Library will eventually be billed for the item’s replacement cost plus an administration cost. Once we have been billed, you must reimburse us for all amounts paid on your behalf, even if the item is eventually returned.