Our services portfolio
Learn more about the services offered at our libraries.
Achieve your goals in learning, teaching and research by making the most of our electronic and print library resources.
Explore our collections for teaching, learning and research:
- Search the collections
- Find out how to search the catalogue effectively (Video)
- About our collections
Improve our collections by recommending items for us to purchase:
Explore the past and gain insights through our unique, historic special and archive collections:
Curate learning resources for your units and interact with your students easily, letting the Library take care of purchasing, digitising and managing copyright obligations for your reading lists:
Maximise exam marks by practising with past and sample exam papers from the Library’s online exam papers collection:
Save time and find the best information for your needs.
Search effectively and efficiently. Save time finding the information you need from the right sources with our online guides, workshops and specialised support:
- Find items using the Library Catalogue (Guide)
- Finding journal articles (Guide)
- Systematic approaches to literature review searching (Guide)
- Find other types of information beyond journal articles (Guide)
- Effectively search the internet and evaluate the information you find (Guide)
- Check for upcoming workshops on searching
Save time and money by borrowing the items you need from our collections:
Extend your reading beyond our collections:
Lift your confidence by developing academic skills for successful study through our programs in reading, writing, referencing, time management, and key software packages.
Develop your study skills, save time and lift your confidence through our programs and services focused on study skills, writing, referencing, maths and IT:
Improve your grades through student facilitated revision sessions:
Deliver research excellence and increase your profile by learning more about creating, managing and sharing your research.
Make your research outputs openly available and improve discoverability through the University’s institutional repository, espace – the Library makes the output discoverable in a stable online environment:
Maximise your publishing potential with tools and advice on sharing your research findings in the most appropriate way for your discipline and subject matter:
- Share your research findings (Guide)
- Making your research open access (Guide)
Demonstrate research performance and impact for individual researchers, research groups, schools and faculties using our targeted advice on metrics and impact tools:
- Measure your research impact (Guide)
Manage your academic outputs more easily:
Plan how to collect, store, secure, and share research data:
- Research data management (Guide)
Develop your skills in searching, reading, thinking and writing by engaging with our workshops, seminars and online resources for research students.
Learn how to conduct a systematic review and build a targeted search strategy across multiple databases through our training resources, workshops, and tailored consultations:
- Systematic Reviews (Guide)
Learn about Open and FAIR approaches to how you create, manage, and share your information and data, thereby increasing the discoverability and impact of your work:
Study, learn and research in a range of flexible spaces and explore, create and learn in the Makerspace.
Study, learn, and complete your research in conveniently located spaces – our range of facilities and equipment ensures there is a space to suit your needs:
- Perth libraries
- WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library
- John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library
- Curtin Graduate School of Business Library
Explore, create and learn new skills in the Makerspace:
Visit our partner libraries in Singapore, Dubai, Mauritius and Malaysia:
Learn about complying with copyright legislation, policy, and best practice:
- when sharing and publishing research
- when submitting a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Thesis
- when using material for learning and teaching