We are committed to providing a service aligned to the Curtin values:
We will provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information about the range of opportunities, services, and facilities available at Curtin University Library whilst being:
- accessible and responsive.
- sensitive to the circumstances of individuals and communities with specific needs.
In providing our service, you can expect us to:
- ensure support is available between the hours of 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- respond to your enquiry as soon as reasonably possible within two business days.
- maintain a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner always.
- provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- accurate and up-to-date self-help materials available online.
- afford stakeholders maximum access to information.
- provide reliable and easy to use self-service facilities where possible.
- ensure library contact points are clearly and widely advertised.
- limit unnecessary customer referrals.
- commit the necessary resources to maintaining an efficient and effective Enquiry Management System by taking responsibility for enquiry closure at either initial point of contact or primary referral point – even through peak enquiry periods.
- ensure staff with enquiry management responsibilities are properly informed, skilled, and committed to meeting service standard expectations.
- protect personal and confidential information.
- seek feedback on our performance and routinely monitor the extent to which these service standards are being met and, where necessary, implement improvement strategies.
You can help us meet our service commitment to you by:
- treating Library staff with respect and courtesy.
- telling us if you have any special requirements.
- letting us know as soon as possible if your circumstances change.
- following our reasonable requests during the process.
- telling us about your experience of our service so we can keep making it better.