Frequently asked questions
Your academic status indicates your academic progress and is based upon your academic performance determined at the end of each study period by the Board of Examiners. Academic statuses will also be reviewed when interim grades have been finalised. There are three academic status levels.
This means you are achieving satisfactory results and can continue your course and re‑enrol. Students on a status of Good Standing have a semester weighted average (SWA) of 50 or higher and have passed more than 50% of enrolled units each study period.
A Conditional status means you are at risk of not achieving satisfactory course progress. You are permitted to re-enrol but may be subject to conditions that are determined by the Head of School or Student Progress Appeals Committee. The conditions are to help you improve your academic progress.
A Terminated status means you are not achieving satisfactory course progress and have been terminated from your course.
You will have the following options:
- Appeal your termination using the Academic status appeal process by the deadline provided in your official communication.
- Apply for a new course.
- Apply for readmission into a terminated course after 12 months.
You can attend our Terminated status information sessions for support.
For further information, refer to the Assessment and Student Progression Manual.
If you fail a unit, you may be able to repeat it in the next available study period. You can check the Curtin Handbook for study period availability.
If you had enrolled in units for the following study period prior to result release, you are required to check that the failed unit/s is not a pre-requisite for your current unit enrolment. Use the Course handbook unit search function to individually check each of the units you are enrolled in to see if a pre-requisite is listed. If you have not met the pre-requisite requirement you should withdraw from the unit/s and enrol in an alternative unit. You can also use the Course handbook to assist you in choosing a replacement unit for the study period.
If you have had 2 failed attempts of the unit, you may be prevented from enrolling yourself into the unit again. If this occurs, please contact Curtin Connect.
When you fail a unit you will receive a fail grade against the unit and are still required to pay for the failed unit attempt, as well as any subsequent attempts of the unit. If there is an extenuating circumstance that affected your ability to successfully complete the unit, you may be eligible for a refund and remission of fees due to special circumstances.
It is important to be aware that failed units calculate towards your low completion rate. For more information please visit Curtin's Job-Ready Graduates Package page.
You can check your academic status at the bottom of your Academic eRecord.
To generate an Academic eRecord, follow the instructions below:
- Login to OASIS.
- Click on the eStudent tile.
- Click on the My Results tab.
- Click the teal View button to the left of the course you wish to view your academic status.
- Click the teal Email Academic eRecord button at the bottom of the page. The file will then be emailed to your Curtin student email account.
If your course status has not changed to passed after you have completed all of the units within your course, please check the following:
- Check your course status by generating an Academic eRecord
- If your course has been set to complete, the statement Course completed on <date> will appear at the bottom of your course details
- Check your official end of semester results have been released
- Your course status will not be updated nor appear on any of your records prior to the official results release date. Check the Academic Calendar for your study period results release date
- Visit eStudent to check you have completed all of the units within your course.
- Please note incomplete units (e.g. those with a deferred assessment (DA) or grade not submitted (GNS)) will prevent your course status from changing to passed
If your results have been released and all of your units have been successfully completed, please contact Curtin Connect to assist you further.