Achieving a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Curtin University means that you hold an internationally respected qualification from an elite global business school – recognised through triple accreditation by EQUIS, AACSB International and EFMD (Accredited MBA). Curtin is also respected as a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education.
Our MBA not only gives you the fundamental skills in financial management and economics, but also in the business leadership, decision-making and organisational strategies that underpin sustainable business practices. These areas of expertise align with contemporary practices and challenges in industry and reflect the unpredictability of global business markets.
Curtin's MBA also gives you the opportunity to specialise in one of four areas of business expertise:
- Business Administration: In this specialisation you’ll gain the ability to create and evaluate innovative ideas and strategise for unpredictable business environments.
- Digital Finance: In this specialisation you'll gain the digital finance skills that are fundamental to contemporary business and entrepreneurship.
- Energy Transition: In this specialisation you’ll gain advanced knowledge of oil, gas and energy management and learn how to adapt business strategies to energy sector changes.
- Leadership: In this specialisation you’ll explore the philosophy and ethics of leadership and current and future leadership challenges.
If you’re looking to step up from a technical career or switch careers, this MBA will give you the skills and confidence – as well as the knowledge, skills, theory and terminology – to progress your career.
The benefits of studying Curtin's MBA
- Curtin Business School is recognised as an elite global business school through accreditation by EQUIS, AACSB International and an EFMD-accredited MBA.
- You can choose to specialise in Leadership, Business Administration, Digital Finance or Energy Futures.
- You can complete your MBA over only four trimesters (about 15 months, studying full-time) or study at a pace that suits your work and life commitments.
- Your face-to-face study is at Curtin’s Graduate School of Business, in the heart of the Perth CBD.
- Your optional units can comprise Executive Education Masterclasses (five days).
- You can choose to study on-campus (evenings or block teaching), online or a mix of both.
- You can start your course at the time of the year that’s best for you, either January, May or August.
Note: If you don't yet meet the admission criteria for the MBA, complete our Graduate Certificate in Business or Graduate Certificate in Business Futures as a stepping stone. This pathway won’t take you any longer, as completing the units in those graduate certificates will provide course credits towards your MBA.
What jobs can the Business Administration lead to?
- Chief financial officer
- Chief marketing officer
- Chief information officer
- Corporate services manager
- Finance manager
- General manager
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Policy and planning manager
- Project manager
- Banking and finance
- Health care
- Private business
- Public relations
- Retail services
- Resources and renewables
What you'll learn
- critically evaluate relevant theories, concepts, techniques and business principles and apply them to design solutions that create value for stakeholders
- employ effective business communication practices and demonstrate how relevant technologies can be applied in management and leadership contexts
- formulate responsible management and leadership decisions that are evidence-based and supported by a critical evaluation of markets, resources, goods and services, finances and/ or accounting information
- recognise and apply the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a dynamic global business environment to meet stakeholder interests
- apply principles of ethics, sustainability, corporate social responsibility and risk management across a range of business settings