Interested in pursuing a Master of Business Administration? Join one of our upcoming MBA Information Evenings and find out how studying an MBA could advance your career.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally accredited qualification that gives you broad skills in leadership, strategy and financial management to further your professional career. You can complete the MBA in four trimesters full-time or over several years part-time choosing a pace that suits you and your lifestyle.
It is especially suitable if you’re looking to acquire the confidence and business acumen to move from a technical role into a managerial or executive position in business, if you’re wanting to career switch or move into a different industry sector.
Studying at our campus in the heart of the Perth Central Business District, you will enhance your learning through a combination of practical project work and evidence-based business theories applicable to local and global organisations.
You can specialise in a particular area or choose subjects that complement your interests or the demands of your work. Subjects include economics, finance, organisational behaviour, strategy, international business and marketing. To ensure this course is aligned with changes to industry, we’ve also added new units in executive financial decision-making, global business sustainability and organisational strategy.
You will learn to devise and apply innovative strategies that help your organisation to thrive in complex and volatile economic environments. In particular, you will critique and implement strategies that can help businesses prepare for the impact of local, national and global crises, and recover from them.
You will expand your networks through contacts with other high calibre students, attending industry events, seminars, guest lectures and training, so you can build on your knowledge of current industry trends and best practice.
Choose your specialisation
In your first year, you get to choose a specialisation: a set of units designed to hone your knowledge and skills in a particular area.
In the Business Administration specialisation, you’ll develop your ability to create and critically evaluate innovative ideas and strategies within ambiguous and uncertain business environments.
The Energy Futures specialisation will help teach you how to respond to significant changes within the energy sector, such as the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy, as well as energy storage and distribution.
The Leadership specialisation will help you to gain a nuanced understanding of current and future leadership challenges, and explore the philosophy and ethics of leadership.
Note: If you do not meet the admission criteria for this course, you should instead apply for the Graduate Certificate in Business or the Graduate Certificate in Business Futures.
What jobs can the Master of Business Administration lead to?
- Chief financial officer
- Chief marketing officer
- Chief information officer
- Corporate services manager
- Finance manager
- General manager
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Policy and planning manager
- Project manager
- Banking and finance
- Health care
- Private business
- Public relations
- Retail services
- Resources and renewables
What you'll learn
- critically evaluate relevant theories, concepts, techniques and business principles and apply them to design solutions that create value for stakeholders
- employ effective business communication practices and demonstrate how relevant technologies can be applied in management and leadership contexts
- formulate responsible management and leadership decisions that are evidence-based and supported by a critical evaluation of markets, resources, goods and services, finances and/ or accounting information
- recognise and apply the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a dynamic global business environment to meet stakeholder interests
- apply principles of ethics, sustainability, corporate social responsibility and risk management across a range of business settings