This multidisciplinary course provides specialised advanced training for graduates or OHS practitioners, with an emphasis on risk and safety management, accident prevention and safety technology.
Your learning will be complemented with a specialist topic chosen to suit your interests and future career needs.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
Please note: This course is not available to international students studying in Australia. International students can only take this course externally (online) in their country of origin.
What jobs can the Occupational Health and Safety lead to?
Graduates may gain employment in a variety of industries including mining, oil, gas, manufacturing and construction.
There also may be opportunities for graduate careers in corporate, government, health and academic sectors.
What you'll learn
- apply and integrate the knowledge and principles of occupational health and safety and practical skills required for the prevention of injury and occupational disease in the workplace environment
- apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse issues relevant to OHS and think creatively in the generation of solutions to problems
- access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information and evidence from a range of resources available in the field of OHS and use appropriate information and communication technology practices
- communicate effectively with a range of people including community groups, workers, employers, statutory authorities and their representatives and other professionals.
- use scientific and technological methods with an understanding of their advantages and limitations
- demonstrate ability for self-directed and lifelong learning through the pursuit of professional development opportunities in occupational health and safety
- recognise and apply international standards and perspectives within OHS
- demonstrate an appreciation of cultural diversity including the impact of cultural and social factors of OHS practices
- demonstrate professionalism and capacity for leadership and be able to work independently, collaboratively and ethically