This double major is designed for students who wish to extend their knowledge of taxation and work for a government tax department or an accounting or auditing firm.
In the Accounting major, you will gain a sound foundation in accounting, auditing, taxation and relevant areas of business law and financial management, and be able to apply this knowledge across a range of accounting contexts.
You’ll learn how to develop and communicate information relating to the financial performance of organisations, and use your accounting knowledge to support business decision-making.
The Taxation major provides in-depth understanding of taxation laws and practice in Australia and overseas.
You’ll specialise in areas such as income tax, goods and services tax, fringe benefits tax, international tax, tax administration, tax implications of tax structures and state taxes.
There are a variety of rewarding job opportunities that exist within the taxation profession.
This double major sits within the Bachelor of Commerce degree. To apply for this major, you will apply for the Bachelor of Commerce.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
How this course will make you industry ready
- Maintaining strong links with industry is critical to ensuring that we are serving the needs of our students and the workforce. We have established a network of advisory boards - groups of industry representatives who support the school by providing invaluable business knowledge. These industry professionals have direct input into the curriculum of the taxation course, ensuring our students are industry-ready on graduation.
- This degree may incorporate guest lectures from tax professionals, real-life practical assignments and case studies, and industry networking opportunities
What jobs can the Accounting and Taxation lead to?
- International taxation specialist
- Tax agent
- Taxation accountant
- Taxation lawyer
- Taxation officer
- Taxation specialist indirect taxes
What you'll learn
- Refer to Course Learning Outcomes of the B-COMRCE