If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or corporate innovator, this master course is for you. In addition to the specialist content, this course also offers opportunities to complete business internships and specialised programs such as the MIT Global Innovation Bootcamp and the Curtin Ignition commercialisation program.
Throughout the course you will gain the skills of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, business creativity and innovation, and international marketing positioning and engagement. You’ll learn how to utilise those skills to unlock innovative opportunities and generate competitive solutions to complex issues in international business and entrepreneurship.
You’ll explore the relationship between innovation and creativity as a business tool, and study the application of design thinking to professional practice and entrepreneurship. You’ll also learn about ICT, analytics and data visualisation, and experience business simulations in the context of international business and entrepreneurial communications.
Throughout the course you’ll develop commercialisation, managerial and stakeholder engagement competencies in the context of international business – including the development of industry, executive and startup connections and networks.
You’ll also learn how to communicate effectively with culturally diverse stakeholders and First Nations Peoples, and to consider the sustainability and impact of the business environment on society – all of which are increasingly important for ethical and professional practice in the modern world.
You’ll study real-world cases and undertake individual and team projects that apply leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship skills that are relevant to private companies and the public sector.
What jobs can the Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship lead to?
- Entrepreneur / startup founder
- Innovation manager / advisor
- Innovation engagement advisor
- International business advisor
- Business development manager.
- Innovation and startups
- Venture capital
- Government and non-profit
- Resources and renewable energy.
What you'll learn
- engage critically and reflectively with contemporary knowledge and skills relating to international business, entrepreneurship and start-ups and apply to professional practice
- develop entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial and innovation skills and utilise these skills effectively to generate innovative solutions to complex issues in international business and entrepreneurship
- communicate professionally and effectively, through written and oral means, to culturally diverse stakeholders and local First Peoples within the ethical and professional frameworks of international business and entrepreneurship
- communicate professionally and effectively, through written and oral means, to diverse stakeholders within the ethical and professional frameworks of international business and entrepreneurship
- consider feasibility, sustainability and impact of the business environment and society when using new and established technologies including business simulation software in international business and entrepreneurial communications
- employ international business, entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship and innovation skills to engage responsibly with industry partners, complying with appropriate legislation and protocols and demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills as appropriate