This course offers information systems and information technology professionals the contemporary skills required for senior roles in the industry.
You’ll examine the impact of technology on a changing business environment with a focus on leadership, industry linkages and global citizenship. You’ll also increase your knowledge and skills in the management and strategic application of information systems and technology.
You will specialise in one of the following areas of strong industry growth:
Note: This course differs from the two-year Master of Commerce (Information Systems and Technology), which is tailored towards graduates without an IT degree. If you have a degree in a discipline other than IT, consider applying for this course instead.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What jobs can the Information Systems and Technology lead to?
You will be well-placed to seek employment in management and leadership roles within private and public organisations employing information systems in a management context.
- Senior system analyst
- Information security manager
- Security analyst
- Business data managers
- Business analyst
- Governance officer
- Cyber security professional
- Business and management
- Health care
- Resources and renewables
What you'll learn
- recommend and manage innovative uses of technology and data driven approaches to improve business and societal outcomes locally and globally
- evaluate the impact of existing and emerging information and communications technologies on stakeholders, including cultural, ethical, inclusivity, privacy, security and sustainability considerations
- engage stakeholders and access, evaluate and synthesize information from multiple sources to identify business requirements
- apply systems theory and systems development techniques to design and develop information systems appropriate to a range of business organisations and to participate effectively in a global environment
- effectively communicate information and system business cases, requirements, policies and procedures, strategies, system designs, specifications and implementation details to a professional standard