This course is designed to upgrade your existing skillset in IT/computational science and add cyber security to your field of expertise.
You will undertake industry-inspired projects and assessments to learn the theoretical and practical aspects of cyber security, particularly network defence. Learning outcomes are mapped to a variety of industry certifications such as those offered by Cisco and Palo Alto.
You’ll gain the blue and red team specialist skills and knowledge you can use in your career and learn from professionals who have strong links with local industry.
The course emphasises experiential project-based learning, so you will develop strong teamwork skills and acquire knowledge based on real-world examples.
The course builds on each unit undertaken, constructing a fully functional cyber-range and test environment that meets industry expectations and enables you to demonstrate your high-level skills in cyber security.
How this course will make you industry ready
- You will learn both technical and governance skills.
- The course has been designed to cover the cyber security skills and knowledge that are demand by local and international industry.
- You will have completed an industry-relevant practical project that demonstrates your high-level skills.
What jobs can the Cyber Security lead to?
- Cybersecurity incident handler
- Penetration tester
- Secure Devops specialist
- Security Analyst
- SOC specialist
- Secure systems engineer
- Security auditor
What you'll learn
- demonstrate a good understanding of standards and practice relating to cyber security governance and competency in cyber security technology.
- provide innovative and creative solutions underpinning science and analytical methods to address challenges in cyber security industry.
- communicate effectively approaches and solutions that involve the latest advances in cyber security technology to both experts and non-technical audiences.
- apply and devise new approaches to cyber security addressing global problems ensuring compliance with international and professional standards such as IEEE/ACM/ACS/ACSC/ISO.
- create security solutions that are underpinned by ethics, sustainability and social responsibility.
- demonstrate initiative, leadership when working independently and collaboratively using problem solving and decision-making skills.