This course provides a coverage of aspects modern computing, depending on the major chosen. It covers fundamental programming and theoretical knowledge followed by an opportunity to specialise in one of the three key computing majors: Computer Science, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence. The course teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of Computing with an emphasis on the skills sought out by the industry. Fundamental knowledge that underpins the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science and Cyber Security is taught throughout the course and emphasis is placed on learning the basics before moving onto advanced topics. The graduates from the course will have a high level of knowledge of Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence or Cyber Security, depending on the major selected and will be completing a major project in their area of specialisation.
What you'll learn
- have demonstrated knowledge and understanding that is founded upon and extends and/or enhances that typically associated with the bachelor-level, and that provides a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and/or applying ideas, often within a research context.
- can apply their knowledge and understanding, and problem-solving abilities in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to computing.
- can communicate their conclusions, and the knowledge and rationale underpinning these, to specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously.
- can integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgements with incomplete or limited information, but that include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements.
- comprehend that computing is an international discipline with varying perspectives as demonstrated in the diversity of opinion identified while undertaking this course.
- have the learning skills to allow them to continue to study and practice in a manner that may be largely self-directed or autonomous.