This course will enhance your existing abilities in IT/computational science or engineering by equipping you with AI expertise.
The course focuses on machine learning and emphasises the skills sought by the industry, such as neural networks design and implementation, while continually reinforcing the fundamental knowledge that underpins AI.
You will undertake assessments and tasks using the latest deep-learning models and tools, ensuring your learning is practical and stimulating. There are opportunities to complete assessments based on solving an AI challenge for your organisation.
You'll also develop ethical, responsible and explainable AI solutions that align with current government standards, qualifying you to be part of a national effort to deliver AI that is safe, secure and reliable.
In your final semester you'll showcase your AI competencies by completing an extensive industry-based project.
What jobs can the Master of Artificial Intelligence lead to?
You may be employed in an industry or government setting as an AI specialist, machine learning engineer, data mining specialist or researcher.
What you'll learn
- demonstrate specialised knowledge in different areas of machine learning.
- provide innovative, creative and entrepreneurial solutions underpinning science and analytical methods in artificial intelligence to address real world applications.
- communicate effectively with digital competence solutions that involve expertise in artificial intelligence topics to experts and non-technical audiences.
- develop leading edge technology and expert skills ensuring compliance with international and professional standards such as IEEE/ACM/ACS/ACSC/ISO.
- create artificial intelligence solutions that are underpinned by ethics, sustainability and social responsibility.
- demonstrate initiative, leadership when working independently and collaboratively using problem solving and decision-making skills.