Our public health courses are multidisciplinary and designed for health professionals seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in public health. Whether you already work in public health or want to move into this field, our courses can prepare you for contemporary public health practice that addresses traditional and emerging public health issues that threaten to negatively impact communities and the environment.
In this course you will undertake advanced coursework in public health that is specifically designed to broaden your knowledge, competence and skills.
It is possible to exit this course with a Graduate Certificate in Public Health or a Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion once you have completed certain units.
This course builds upon the curriculum of the Graduate Certificate in Public Health.
Please note: The fieldwork component of this course is optional.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- apply a systematic and coherent body of knowledge to a range of public health contexts
- think critically to generate and evaluate complex ideas and propose possible solutions
- critically analyse and evaluate information drawn from multiple public health data sources
- use appropriate skills and tools to transfer complex knowledge to a variety of audiences
- use current technologies applicable to public health
- ability to transfer knowledge from one context to another within public health
- analyse the effects of environment, culture and economic development on public health outcomes
- apply theories of social justice to issues of inequity and social disadvantage as they impact on individuals and communities
- demonstrate well developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a public health practitioner